3:30pm - 4:15pm
This rhythmic dance form promotes intricate sounds by the feet made to various types of music. Classes consist of warm-up, technique, progressions and combinations.
What to wear:
- Any style solid black leotard
- Solid black dance shorts or solid black leggings (no colors or words on shorts).
- 'Bodywrappers' brand footed tights in 'jazzy tan': Child C30 or Adult A30
- Note: if a bra is needed please wear a BLACK sports bra underneath black leotards
- Shoes (grades 6-12) 'Bloch' brand 'TapFlex" slip-on laceless tap shoes style #389 in tan. If ordering online, please refer to their sizing chart
- Shoes (grades 4-5) 'Bloch' brand 'Tap-On" buckle tap shoes style #S0302G in tan. If ordering online, please refer to their sizing chart
- Hair pulled back please.
Kayla began dancing at 3 years old at the Hazel Boone Dance studio in Canton, MA. She graduated Summa Cum Laude from Dean College with a Bachelors degree in Dance and an Associates Degree in Business. While at Dean, Kayla was a member of the Dean College Dance Company all four years, performing pieces choreographed by Todd Shanks and William Evans. She was also the president of Dean College’s tap team. Kayla completed the Dance Education Training course hosted by Dance Teachers’ Club of Boston in 2012, receiving high score awards for performance and test scores as well as a scholarship to attend Dean College. She was a member of the Boston Tap Company from 2014-2015, as well as an intern for Jersey Tap Festival during the summer of 2016 where she assisted and took class from master teachers such as Anthony Morigerato, Jason Samuels Smith, and Ayodele Casel. In 2017, she was a teacher/judge for the Dance Masters of New England scholarship auditions. Kayla has been teaching for 8 years and has won numerous high score awards for her competition tap choreography. Additionally, Kayla is a certified group fitness instructor at Life Time Athletic through the Athletic and Fitness Association of America (AFAA). She is so excited to be joining such an amazing faculty at J&D Dance Academy and can’t wait to work with her new students!